Monday, October 3, 2022

It's Nice To Know You Aren't Alone 10/3/2022

 Good Morning, 

My day started with a hot mug of Door County Heroes Blend Coffee and prayer.

I believe that all of us will experience times when it feels like we fell into an old well and we are stuck down in the dark and no one can hear our cries for help. 

It could be the death of someone who is close to you, a spouse, parent, sibling, child or dear friend. It might be a time when a job loss took you by surprise and you wonder how you will survive. It could be during a time of addiction recovery and the temptation to fail is overwhelming. You marriage has failed and the loneliness and heartache are too much to bear. The news of health issues that continue to plague you and the odds are not in your favor. 

You feel alone and on your own like never before and it is scary and it hurts. During times like this in my life  I run to Psalm 139:7-10 and I rely on God's word to remind me that I am never alone.

Psalm 139:7-10 Where can I go from your Spirit. Where can I flee from your presence?

8. If I go up to the heavens you are there; If I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

9. If I rise on the wings of dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea.

10. Even there your hand will guide me., your right hand will hold me fast.

Maybe this is for you today or for someone else you know. Feel free to share. Rest assured though the walk seems too long and too lonely. You are never alone.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment