Saturday, October 22, 2022

In Five Minutes It Was Comfortable 10/22/2022

 Good Morning,

We are in the middle of a warm spell but my hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is still what this guys needs even on a warmer than usual morning. 

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father. 

Last night my wife Rene and I had the opportunity to go out to eat with some of my childhood buddies and their wives and a couple family members. We used to spend most all of our time together up until we graduated from high school and unfortunately went in different directions. But one of the four of us kept tabs on us other three and it has been his goal for years to get us all back together again for a time of fellowship and a sort of reunion. The old neighborhood was about to come back to life in our minds. 

Last night was it and we all met at a local emporium for a Wisconsin fish fry. At first it seemed quite awkward and we started to make some small talk. But within five minutes we moved along to reliving a few memories and the laughs began and I sat back and listened to stories I had long forgotten. Again within minutes it was just like it was 50 years ago when we would sit on someone's porch and listen to music and talk about anything under the moon. Plans are to meet every couple of months to rehash and once again enjoy company that was so dear to us many years ago. I found that as we left for home it felt like we never missed a beat in 50 years and that although we hadn't met together in a long time we would all be there for one another if the need came up. I want to say thanks to our buddy Wayne for pursuing this reunion and for God who has kept us all alive to visit and renew friendships that are very precious. It was a gift from heaven. As I write this I can still hear the noise from some of our pick up baseball games . Those were the days!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment