Friday, October 14, 2022

Time For Soup Again 10/14/22

 Good Morning,

I have said this many times before, "It sure would be nice to gather all those who are reading this to sit down to breakfast and a cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. I can visualize a plate right next to the coffee with a couple slices of Nueske's bacon, two eggs, hash browns, and a piece of Texas toast. We could share a Bible verse or two and enjoy some morning banter. 

Romans 12:13 Contribute to the needs of others, and seek to show hospitality. 

This morning finds me embracing the start of a cold spell as far as the weather goes. That is fine by me. My favorite clothing is my fall and winter stuff and I am ready for it to be worn. Besides that, I like soup. I find that a hot bowl of soup for lunch or dinner is a blessing to the body and for some reason soothing to my soul. So as I break out the soup pot once more I am reminded that I made it to another cold season. I have been blessed to add another year to my life. 

One lesson I have learned is this. You just can't make a little bit of soup and I really don't like to have the leftover soup put in the freezer for another day. So I either eat all of the soup in a few days and then get tired of it or I can take a quart of soup to someone and pass on the blessing. 

I believe we are here on this planet for some prescribed time and that one of our goals should be to pass on some of our blessings to others. I can't help but smile knowing that someone else can benefit from something I can do. I am a simple guy and my talents are even more simple. But it takes no talent or skill to whip up a pot of soup and less skill to share some with others. 

So as far as this day goes, ask God who He would like for you to be a blessing to. It will make your day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment