Monday, October 17, 2022

Make Me A Blessing Please. 10/17/2022

 Good Morning,

My day began early with a hot cup of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee and a bowl of Cheerios. As I write and pray, my day is all mapped out for me. 

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. 


I have attached another view from my desk in my place of peace and quiet. 

Very soon I will be taking our oldest dog to the the vet for some dental work, and I have several errands to run besides. Although my schedule is planned out, I am not sure who I might encounter along the way. This is the unknown. What also is unknown is what else might fill in the gaps of this busy day. So before stepping into the unknown I always pray for a couple of things and I ask the Lord to help me handle any of the unknown surprises that might come along as well as the people that go with those surprises. I also ask the Lord to show me anyone that I can be a blessing to. I actually ask God to "Make Me A Blessing which has some not so obvious requests within a request. 

Within the "Make Me a Blessing Request; is a confession that I might not be 'Blessing Material" every moment of the day and God needs to assist me with staying on track. It might be that I will find myself in some type of calamity and it is hard to be a blessing without the correct attitude. It often takes time and a reroute of priorities to be a useful blessing. I am asking God to handle my schedule of the unknown and known. I also ask for wisdom to know when God wants me to be a blessing or just pray. I am admitting that He knows best and I am not always the sharpest knife in the drawer.

So before you ask to be a blessing to someone, yield the control of your day to the One who made it. 

God bless,

Marty

2 comments: