Thursday, October 27, 2022

November Is Almost Upon Us 10/27/2022

 Good Morning. 

I will be heading out soon for some work at one of the local medical centers. I will be grabbing my Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend and drinking it on the run this morning. 

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. 

I did some grocery shopping yesterday and I noticed that the store I was in there were frozen turkeys for sale. Then it dawned on me that Thanksgiving isn't all that far away and November is only a few days away. We have decided that the traditional turkey dinner is not for us this year. I want to change it up a little and have lasagna as the main course. I will had a few things to go with it and Italian food shall be served. 


So what does lasagna and Thanksgiving have to do with my daily writing? My point for the day is this. Traditions are always nice and there is some comfort found in them. But at the same time it is ok to observe something different. We get so locked into traditions sometimes that we forget what the real meaning of the day is. 

I am afraid that many folks are stuck on tradition in attending church. They get out of bed on Sunday and head to church, because that's what they have always done. They come home feeling like they filled and obligation, yet they feel empty.

So change up the routine. Wake up and hour earlier. Get that Bible out. Read some Scripture, pray and prepare your heart to attend church and listen. You might find that you have wet your spiritual appetite. Each week read a new passage and keep a prayer journal. Pray for the person delivering the sermon. Break the tradition of coming home from church and feeling like you haven't been fed. Prepare yourself to worship.

Food For Thought

Marty

I have copied my turkey recipe for those who still want to eat one. It is a great way to cook a turkey.


Turkey Recipe

Here is how we have done it for years.

One large turkey thawed and dried off inside and out.

Place two slices of heavily smoked bacon and place into the cavity of the bird.
Rub the turkey with pure maple syrup.
Then drape the more smoked bacon over the turkey completely covering the bird. Then pour the rest of the maple syrup over the bacon and then bake at 325 until done.
Once the turkey is done, uncover the bird and allow the bacon to brown.

To serve the turkey, remove the bacon and slice the meat. Place the meat on a platter and pour some of the bacon and syrup drippings on to the meat. Awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment