Thursday, October 6, 2022

Cereal And Missing the Prize In the Box 10/6/2022

 Good Morning,

The morning started with a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and some prayer. I will be working this morning and anything that could go wrong with the prep work I was doing yesterday for this morning went wrong. I will be glad when this small project is complete. 

Ephesians 5:11 Don't waste your time on useless work, mere busywork and barren pursuits. 

If what I am writing today is familiar to you at all, you might be as old as I am. Back when I was a kid boxes of cereal would have a small prize inside for the kid lucky enough to be the first one to open the box. My sister and I were told to share the prize if we had store bough cereal in the cupboard. I was older than her and just enjoyed watching what lengths she would go to in obtaining the prize in the box.  

My sis, could not wait to get that little prize by eating the cereal daily until the prize was reached. She would get a big bowl and dump the cereal into the bowl until the prize popped out. Then she would use her little hands to put the cereal back into the box. That act of poor hygiene usually made me not want to eat the cereal. You would have thought the prize was solid gold instead of cheap plastic. 

My point for the day is this. How many small non important things will drive you to spend valuable time in the pursuit of foolishness? What trivial thing will drive you to a point of losing common sense?  If people would dig deep into relationships instead of things, just imagine how much better life could be. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment