Saturday, October 1, 2022

Maybe The Best Prayers Are Answered With No 10/1/2022

 Good Morning,

It is quiet in the house and  I have two English Springer Spaniels watching my every move this morning. A hot mug of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee is steaming next to me, so it must be time to write. 

Psalm 66:19 But truly God has listened, he has attended to the voice of my prayer. 


This last week has been one of many struggles and blessings also. It is not too often that I drive my wife's car. Yesterday I used it for a long trip to work in a hospital in Northern Wisconsin. My truck needed some maintenance and my wife Rene took it in for the scheduled service. On the way home  from working I had been talking with my nephews about hunting with them for the opening of duck season today. All the plans were set and I was looking forward to being with them this morning. 

Before I left our driveway yesterday I prayed for safe travels and to be able to get home and packed for that long awaited opening day and to be in a marsh with the guys. Both prayers were answered. On the return trip home a warning light came on signaling low air pressure in a tire and before I could even react the right front tire went totally flat. This made driving a little touchy for a moment or two. I limped the car into a safe spot and knew I would not be home for awhile. Her car will receive some tire attention this morning. 

So my prayers were answered. I am safe at home without an accident on the road due to the failed tire. I  had to cancel the hunting trip I desired to go on to take care of the tire business. My prayer of going hunting was answered with a NO!. But it was the best answer I could have asked for. If I had not needed maintenance on the truck, Rene would have been in her car instead of me. She would have been stranded with me a long way from home. If the tire had not blown when it did, I would be hunting and pretty much not within easy reach me to assist her. Her plans for today were to visit her mother and take her somewhere to a craft fair. She would have possibly been on the highway with her 95 year old mom. 

God said NO to the hunting trip and I was disappointed for sure. But then the rest of thee story hadn't been written yet. He knew the condition of that tire and the potential risk or harm that was ahead for the two ladies. The best answer I had to my prayers came in the form of NO!

God often says no to spoken prayers and it is often the best thing that could happen to us. 

Have a great day!

Marty


2 comments:

  1. A good day spent at home with an ill life partner is more important than the best ever opening day of duck season.

    ReplyDelete