Sunday, October 2, 2022

Retirement Day 10/2/2022

 Good Morning,

The Door County Autumn Spice Coffee tastes very good this morning as I sit at my desk and write.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"


 Photo Credit. Clip Art Max

Last night I attended a retirement celebration. I couldn't stay too long as my wife is still not feeling all that well and I wanted to be close by for her. Family, friends and coworkers gathered to honor a long time friend of ours as she retired from nursing. She was blessed to have been able to use her skills for many years. It was very nice and I wish I could have stayed longer. 

Retirement, like funerals are on of those life events when you want to say something and you just can't find the right words to say. I want to congratulate my friend and wish her the best in the days and years to come. When I stepped away from healthcare. people asked me "What are you going to do now"? On that day, I actually did not know what my next steps would be. And when I told people that, they seemed confused by my answer. I did not have a plan. I let God develop a plan for me which has me working part time, serving in church and pretty much living the same. The only difference for me is that I am not working full time. I foresee changes in this next year and possibly volunteering to lead a short term mission trip.

So my advice for my friend is this. Take a rest for awhile and then ask God what He wants you to do, daily, weekly, and annually. His plan is always the best one. There is usefulness beyond the work years. 

God bless,

Marty


2 comments:

  1. Reading your Door County flavor of the day this morning, might I suggest for you and your love, Chic FIL A shake, Autumn Spice.

    ReplyDelete