Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Get Your Priorities Straight 10/4/2022

 Good Morning,

Today I am drinking a hot mug of Door County Heroes Blend Coffee and holding off on breakfast until later. I believe I will be eating some oatmeal today with dried apples. 

I learned a long time ago that it is very easy to get your priorities in life out of sequence and it usually leads to some type of problem or calamity. 

Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. 

All too often when I see a life in ruins or a friend who is miserable I can just look at their list of priorities and I will usually find that their relationship with Jesus is actually their number two or three on the priority list. Maybe lower. I want to say this right from the beginning this morning. When God becomes a choice on a priority list He usually really isn't a choice at all. 

Matthew 6:33 is often misunderstood. It is often considered like this. "If I pray, and read some Scripture I will then receive my wants and desires."  Instead of seeking after the things of God and His Kingdom, then He will add to my life things that I can handle and are the best for me. Living a Kingdom life often leads us away from people, things or places that aren't for us. A marriage for instance without both parties seeking out the Kingdom of God and living right has less chance of surviving turmoil. When we seek a relationship with God and live like we belong in His Kingdom what we then desire most is more of God. We then lose our own desires and then can accept what or who He has planned for us, which is always better than what we desire. 

So, to be in the will of God, our first step is to seek more of Him and live the Kingdom life. Doing so will help us live a righteous life. Being outside of that leads to only us driving our boat of life in strong seas.

If you read this today, know one thing for sure. You were prayed for.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment