Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Funny.,How Time Slips Away 10/18/2022

 Good Morning,

The house has the aroma of some freshly brewed Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee and I am ready to write. 


It seems like just yesterday that I was all worked up about my first experience with deer hunting in Northern Wisconsin. I was ten years old and the plan was to have me tag along with my dad and cousin for two years and learn. Once I was twelve years old I could carry a rifle and hunt. For me, once my dad announced the plan in October and explained it to me I just could not wait until November. I remember day dreaming in school one day about deer season and our teacher woke me up with a light thump on the ear and I then had to copy pages from some stupid book as a punishment. 

Now 55 years later I am planning to deer hunt once more with a buddy of mine and I have that same old feeling of excitement. I have already hauled out my blaze orange coat and sharpened my knife. I feel like a little kid once more. But where did 55 years go. It just seems like time slipped away and how things have changed. Both my dad and cousin are gone now and we won't be eating turkey with Grandma. I am as old now as my grandfather was at the time of my first hunt. 

So the thought of the day is this.

Ecclesiastes 8:15 And I commend joy, for a man has nothing better under the sun, but to eat, drink and be joyful, for this will go with him in his toil through the days of his life that God has given him under the sun. 

Do something that makes you feel like a kid again and enjoy life, because it has an end. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment