Friday, October 21, 2022

Constructing A Sandwich 10/21/2022

 Good Morning,

Friday arrived right on time and I am ready for it. This week was a true roller coaster ride with plenty of ups and downs. On the upswing is my hot mug of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee. Great way to start a day. 

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in a mans heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. 

One thing I do not like is a sloppy sandwich. I like any sandwich I order while dining out to look like the picture on the menu. Rarely does any sandwich look like the picture on the menu, especially in the fast food arena. 

So when making a sandwich at home I take pride in how my sandwich looks and grade it on appeal and eatability. If the sandwich falls apart before it is all eaten I consider it to be a flop! The bread needs to be right for the meat. The cheeses should compliment the meat. The tomato and lettuce should only be there if they enhance the sandwich. If the don't, the salad should be just that. A salad on the side. Condiments should be applied for the individual taste. But when making a sandwich for family and friends ask before you add condiments. The prefect sandwich has the top piece of bread placed on the finished assembly signifying that the sandwich is complete. 

My point for today is this. Like sandwich construction needs that last piece of bread so does a marriage. Within a marriage both parties will have projects or goals to accomplish. Even though the goals or projects are personal it is always nice to know that the hand of support is there from your spouse. That encouragement is like the final piece of bread on a great sandwich. Have you ever considered telling your spouse "you are the top to my sandwich, the other half to my bun, you are the rye to my pastrami sandwich'? Give support to one another and let encouragement flow from your words and actions. In addition acknowledge the encouragement and support with a thank you and pay back whenever you can. This is the pickle on top!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment