Wednesday, August 31, 2022

A Drink Of Water 8/31/2022

 Good Morning,

It didn't take too much to place a smile on my face this morning. A hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee had me smiling right away. 


Last night I had my customary glass of sweet peach iced tea before going to bed. The sweet tea was a heavenly treat that I was looking forward to all day long. Just as I was drinking the tea a news cast was showing how folks in Mississippi are struggling to just get a bottle of water. They are in an epic mess. There are also other places in the world where a drought robs people and wildlife from a drink of water, 

Job 1:21 And he said," Naked I came into this world. And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord,

Friends never take anything for granted. A drink of water sounds simplistic to say the least but it is so vital to life that at times it is the most important thing one can take into their body to sustain life. Never assume that just because you have apple trees in your yard you will have apples. Last year because of the drought here in our part of the world we only had two apples to pick. This year the trees are loaded with nice apples. We have been dehydrating apples and making juice for the winter, 

God gives and He takes away. I always took for granted that heavy apple crop until it wasn't there. I guess we can do the same thing with people in our lives. We assume we will always have enough time to say what we need to say or do what we need to do. Treat encounters with your beloved family or close friends like a glass of water in a dry land. Enjoy family and friends. Let them know how you feel about them. 

Food for thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment