Sunday, August 21, 2022

An Attitude Of Gratitude 8/21/2022

 Good Morning,

As I sit and write today a hot cup of Door County Country Morning Breakfast Blend Coffee is next to me and two tired hunting dogs are asleep on my feet. 

Last night after our Saturday evening church service my wife, my best buddy and myself hosted a fried chicken dinner in our café. We had been talking about doing this for about 6 months. It started as just an idea and then it grew some legs a couple of months ago. We had been praying about this for a long time and despite a week of trials that would discourage anyone, we made it to the finish line. As always the three of us will review the event and see what worked and what did not work and adjust as needed. I don't see a lot of changes coming about. The meal went over very well with those who attended and there wasn't a thing wasted. 

One item that I want to talk about is what it took during this last week. As usual Satan took some shots at us and worked hard to wrinkle the sheets every day as we drew closer to the event. I found it very difficult to guard my attitude all week long. Scheduling difficulties, plugged drains, broken cars, sore shoulders and a mother in law that needed attention, all worked hard to discourage this band of three. 

The food ended up being delicious and everyone seemed to enjoy the evening feast. But as I replayed the event and the week the led up to it I learned one big lesson. It wasn't the food that God really cared about. He was more concerned with the three hearts that were preparing, the food, serving it and cleaning up. I known that at times last week all three of us suffered from bad attitudes. 

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17  May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17. encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word. 

So, this morning I checked on my attitude and recalled the compliments toward the three of us for pulling this event off. I will accept the compliments and  thanks, but in keeping my attitude checked I am grateful for how God provided all that was needed for the event and how He came through for us on things He knew we would need and didn't plan on. I have the attitude of gratitude today and I will do my best to keep it there. It is a nice place to be sitting! To God be the glory. 

God bless,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Our compliments
    PRAISE AND THANKS TO OUR GOD!to all three who planned this and pulled it off. God was glorified through the message the pastor brought and a wonderful meal followed

    ReplyDelete