Monday, August 15, 2022

Much Deeper Thoughts Than Mine. 8/15/2022

 Good Morning.

 I brewed a pot of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee this morning and it is doing this old body good. It is time to write.

Psalm 92:5 O Lord, how great are your works. Your thoughts are very deep. 

Every now and then my wife Rene will use an expression that I haven't heard in a long time. While driving home yesterday from visiting her mom, I was quiet and to be honest in deep thought. Rene asked me "A penny for your thoughts"? I haven't heard anyone say that for years and years. I told her that my weak minded thoughts weren't worth a penny. I have been wondering about a few things and have asked God for His thoughts on the subject, knowing full well that His thoughts are much higher than my thoughts.  When I compare God's thoughts to mine it is like trying to swim to the bottom of the ocean and view the Titanic.


Photo Credit Wikipedia

I give you an example. We read, study and seek a physicians advice and expertise to preserve our body and extend life. God however is more concerned about saving the soul. We love a new car that some day will rust, and God loves what endures forever. We avoid pain and God used pain to bring peace. 

So to put it in perspective no way can I even compare any of my thoughts with God's thoughts and basically on the value scale His thoughts are priceless and mine are over priced at one penny. Where we fail to make it work is when we follow our thoughts and not follow God's plan or thoughts. 

We are willing to risk sinking our life by being stubborn and believing too much in our own thoughts and efforts.  

Food for thought on this Monday. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment