Monday, August 22, 2022

Did Not Like It. But I Had To Do It. 8/22/2022

 Good Morning. I just poured a hot mug of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and it is time to write. 

Yesterday I placed an order for new tennis shoes or as some would call them sneakers. Whatever the name is I needed a new pair. I am one who expects things to last for a long time. When I remarked to my wife that I had a blow out on the right shoe, she replied, "you bought those four years ago and I will say you got your money's worth out of that pair.". I hit the disagree button on that conversation and exclaimed,  "I think they should last for at least six years. I only wear them two or three times a week." She just laughed and called me "Cheapo!"

Photo Credit Deposit Photos. 


I just believe that things should be made to last. All cars should have a warranty for 250,000 miles and that includes rust. Building in obsolescence is poor business in my mind. Jeans should last at least 5 years and also have a warranty. Don't get me started on air conditioners, furnaces, washing machines and dryers which should all last a minimum of 15 years. 

John 5:24 Truly, truly I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgement, but has passed from death to life. 

Well I needed the sneakers/tennis shoes so I placed the order even thought I did not want to. I settled down and then reflected. I guess there is only one thing that lasts forever and that is eternal life in heaven through Jesus Christ our Lord. And to put it in perfect perspective it is the most important thing in a person's life. It won't rust or be taken away. It will never fail. It doesn't need a warranty because it is unbreakable, unsinkable and nonstop able.  You can bank on it.

Have a great day. 

Marty





No comments:

Post a Comment