Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Little Taste Of Italy On Our Table 8/2/2022

 Good Morning,

I started this day with prayer and a large mug of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. It is time to write and I am glad to be here.

We have a family gathering that will take place in exactly a month. The event will take place at our home and I can tell that my wife is looking forward to it. Since I do all of the cooking, I usually plan the menu out and just run it by her for a yay or nay. While working together  in the garden last night I did just as I said. I laid out my menu ideas and Rene was quiet and I did not get the approval or disapproval I was looking for. 

Gnocchi with Pesto sauce. Photo credit Taste Of Home. 

A little later she commented that it would be nice if the menu were more of a buffet style with options. Of course she added "unless that is too much work". I said  that I would get back to her. She responded with "some Italian food would be nice. Can you make that work with smoked meats and other dishes?" I at first thought she was asking for too much and decided to pray about it. Then it dawned on me. She wants this to be a great day, not just a good day, but great. Her Mom just turned 95 years old and this year has been difficult on her to say the least. Her mom likes choices at a meal and enjoys a little bit of many things. Rene is not taking another year for granted. 

I believe at times Rene is much wiser than she seems. I said, "as long as you clean up behind me, you shall have a feast". She replied "don't I always?"

Hebrews 13:16 And do not take things for granted. Do good and share with others. For with such sacrifices God is well pleased. 

We should never take another year for granted. We should always live like there might not be another tomorrow let alone a whole year. Celebrate life with feasts when you can. The food at funerals is never that good.

Marty

1 comment: