Thursday, August 18, 2022

Down The Drain 8/18/2022

 Good Morning,

This morning rolled in gently and a slow day is needed. I just poured one of my favorite Door County Coffee Flavors into a large mug. It has been a long time since I have treated myself to Chocolate Cherry!

Photo credit Home Depot

Last night I was able to help out tow of my friends with unplugging their kitchen drain. We struggled a bit getting the water to drain freely. To say the least it was a "tough one". We hung strong together and battled until we won. But let me tell you about a little plugged drain miracle. 

Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. 7. and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and mind through Christ Jesus. 

I arrived at their home with tools and good will. We started in on the clog with a fury and passion to get their kitchen in usable order. My electric drain auger was lent out for someone to use and it was returned. I should have inspected it, as once into the project I discovered that the cable was kinked badly and had been shoved into the housing. This only allowed for me to get a third of the cable out of my machine. We did auger the drain from the top side in the kitchen as far as it would reach. Which I discovered was actually through the location of the clog. So the cable actually went through the clog and the drain refuse closed up behind it and around the cable. 

The project then took us to the basement below and we inspected the pipe from an access point and the drain was open from there forward. It didn't take long to realize that we would need to cut the piping in the lateral run and take a look in another direction. I made a run back home for a repair coupling and very soon we had the pipe cut open and much to my surprise the pipe was clean and open. That meant the vertical piece had to be plugged. We inserted the drain cable and went up into the pipe and nothing let loose. There should have been water coming down. 

I looked at my buddy and at the same time we knew where we had gone wrong. We always tell everyone to pray about everything.  Being two guys who like to "Get it done" we dove into the project without praying. The drain auger cable was stuck and we stopped. We both admitted where we went wrong and bowed out heads to ask to be forgiven for not praying and we petitioned God for help. I finished praying and touched the drain cable and all the water that was backed up in the vertical pipe came gushing down as well as a whole lot of of drain refuse. God unplugged the drain and at the same time humbled the two morons working without His hand on us. I went home after my friend shewed me out. He wouldn't let me clean up the mess with him. I believe both of us said a prayer of thanksgiving and praise before I left and the lesson learned was a tough one. 

My friends, pray about everything. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment