Friday, August 12, 2022

From My Heart To Yours 8/12/2022

 Good Morning,

I am ready to start this day and embrace the medical test I will be partaking in with gusto. No coffee for me this morning. But later I will be tasting some Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee. 


Yesterday was a rough day and as hard as I tried I just wasn't myself. My wife Rene was well prepared to help me along with two kinds of Jell-O and plenty of chicken broth. She made sure I had everything I needed. 

Her kindness took me back a thousand years to our wedding day. For some reason I could not get our vows out of my head. So as I was having a very fond memory, I thought I would share what we said to each other that day a thousand years ago. 

Ruth 1:16-17  "Entreat me not to leave you,

Or to turn back from following after you;

For wherever you go I will go: And wherever you lodge I will lodge.

Your people shall be my people and your God my God.

And where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried. 

The Lord do so to me, and that much more also, 

If anything but death parts you and me. 

We didn't write our vows, but borrowed these from the book of Ruth.  My prayer for all of you is that you will be able to recall a fond memory and share it with someone. Events come and go. But the memory of them lasts forever and to be honest the memory is sometimes better that the actual event. A vow made a thousand years ago is better today then it was yesterday and it will be even better tomorrow and the days after that. 

God bless,

Marty




3 comments:

  1. May God bless you both continually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These vows were ours too. Through the good & the bad & the ugly I can still see the goodness of God with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about those vows a lot more as we get older.

      Delete