Saturday, August 6, 2022

Seasonal Hay Fever 8/6/2022

 Good Morning, 

According to the weather forecast we are in for a very hot day. I don't have all that much to do today in the sun, so I will work on a few projects in the shade and enjoy some sweet peach iced tea.

Psalm 103:2 Bless the Lord O my soul and do not forget all His benefits. 

For as long as I can remember I have fought with Seasonal Hay Fever. It usually arrives to my nose and eyes in early August and does not leave until that first frost in October. Some years are worse than others and I can tell you this year is started out as a doozy. People are telling me that it might be covid this year. I tested at home and am negative. It is my annual allergy for sure.

I do recall my mother taking me to see the pediatrician back when I was very young for this nagging infirmity and his response was to take an over the counter drug called Allerest and that we weren't to worry because "he will grow out of it". I am 65 years old now and I am still waiting to grow out of it.

I found this issue to be most irritating during my football years. Rolling around on the ground did nothing to help the symptoms of a runny nose and itchy eyes. I once sneezed in a game and caused the whole team to go off side. A penalty assessed from my nose! LOL. 

Friends I am not writing to whine and complain, as Mom always said there are plenty of people who have a lot worse things going on in their lives than hay fever. So as I look forward to the first frost and sit here with a runny nose, I am counting the blessings I have, and not counting the things I don't have.

A runny nose and itchy eyes are nothing compared to a cancer diagnosis, or a still born baby, loss of a limb, death of a family member, crippling illnesses like Muscular Dystrophy , ALS and the list goes on and on. I have even adopted the idea that hay fever gives me something to look forward to. "My first morning walk on a frost covered lawn with a hot cup of coffee in my hand is always special."

So today if you have time look around and list your blessings and remember someone has it worse than you and if you can pray for the ones you know. It never hurts to pray for anyone. When I do that, it seems to make my list of issues smaller and very insignificant.

Have a great day! And pass the tissues. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment