Thursday, August 11, 2022

Comedy Within The Family 8/11/2022

 Good Morning,

The day has dawned and I am not drinking coffee this morning due to needing some medical testing done. But later tomorrow morning I will make up for it with a huge cup of door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee. 

Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance. In your book were written every one of my days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none. 

The other day our nephew sent out a text message to the family members which includes my wife and I, two nephews and their family members , my brother and his significant other. She truly is significant. I will explain in a minute. 

His text message was so simple, so it would seem. He posed an idea to us. Should we plan a family dinner/get together? That always sounds good to me. We started throwing some potential dates out there and it began to look like a group of handless monkeys trying to throw a football to one another. We just couldn't agree on a date for this event that would work for everyone. 

Now enters Kim who sent out a calendar invitation so we could choose a couple of dates from two months of times and choices. I laughed until I cried. Great idea . But I soon realized that this makes five calendars that I have to manage and they are not easily synced together. We are getting closer to a date and a time but nothing is cemented in yet. I am thinking we might have a shot at this in 2023 and we could meet for breakfast at midnight in three different places and put it on Zoom. I never realized how busy we all are until we tried to stop for a day and get together. 

Nothing wrong with being busy, but it has it's downside as well. My point for the day is this. If at all possible plan your funeral date way ahead of time! I am just kidding on that one. When it comes to time management there is one thing to remember. We really don't own our days. There will come a time when getting together with the way the family is now , because family dynamics, will change. One day there might be more members within the family and then there eventually will be less. God really does own our calendars and the best we can do is to manage them the best we can. But as each day goes by, it is one less day that we can gather with anyone. Oh, and be thankful for ZOOM and Jimmy Dean sausages if that breakfast is made in your own kitchen at midnight. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment