Thursday, September 1, 2022

Good Ideas And Practices Were Shared 9/1/2022

 Good Morning,

I just sat down to write and next to me is one hot cup of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee, Our two Springer Spaniels are on the floor at my feet with full bellies  and one is snoring. It is time to write. 

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the Lord saying, "whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said. "Here am I send me."

Last night I attended a short meeting at our church for those who lead small group ministries /studies. It was pretty well attended and  I believe the goal of the meeting was met. We were encouraged by one of our pastors who has the small groups on his platter of ministries. He gave us a pep talk, and thanks. In addition he shared some thoughts on what leaders of the groups should do. It was great advice and can be used to enhance our time with the members of the mall groups. I took it all in and was quite pleased and content to have been there. 

Toward the end of the meeting the attendees shared ideas and knowledge with each other for a good fifteen minutes. There were within this group many personality styles and some shared knowledge, some shared goals, and others asked for some solutions to minor issues. I walked away last night smiling because I had picked up one idea I will try in my group and consider trying two more, but one at a time. I felt everyone was heard and made to feel real comfortable sharing thoughts. I drove home in awe of God. Once again He has assembled a great team of people who love Him and want to serve Him. 

I look forward to this year of service within our church and I will wait see how God works through all of those small groups. 

My point of the day is this. Can your church count on you to fill the gap and serve within the body? Can you be considered to be one who cares about others? If you are on the sidelines and attend a group, can you be counted on to faithfully assist? This world is busy and we all have lots on our plates. A good group has a few workers filling roles to take the pressure off of the leader. 

A heart beats best, when it beats for others. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment