Sunday, August 28, 2022

The World Is Still Spinning 8/28/2022

 Good Morning,

This morning finds me holding a hot cup of Door County Vanilla Cream Brulee in my hands and it feels good on the arthritis in my hands. I have found one more reason to drink coffee. 

Colossians 1:16-17 For by him, all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions, or rulers or authorities, all things were created through Him and for Him. 17. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God and the sky above declares His handiwork. 

The news never ceases to amaze me. Each day the news casts on television spew forth more bad news than good news. The television commercials are nothing more than political adds and I can tell you there is no meanness being spared in the messages. I don't see any end in site. 

But in the meantime the world keeps on spinning and hasn't fallen off of it's axis and it is still on it's pathway around the sun.  I find peace in the fact that  the sun will rise and the moon can still be seen and somewhere a healthy baby is taking his or her first breath as I write. It might be harder to find, but God still displays His majesty and power daily. It is there for you to grab on to, enjoy and be reassured of his sovereignty. 

So as I look out the window after warming my hands, I will mutter a thank you for one more day to be thankful for. I will rest assured through what I see that God is still on His throne. 

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment