Tuesday, August 23, 2022

The Thorns Won 8/23/2022

 Good Morning,

Another morning is upon us and I welcomed it with prayer and a hot cup of door County Cherry Creme Coffee and now it is time to write.

I woke up this morning to a very cool room.  The blankets on our bed seemed to be more welcoming than ever. We have been blessed with warm days and cool nights for the last few weeks and I would have to describe it as perfect summer weather. 

Jeremiah 17:10 "I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds. 

I have been avoiding a chore for a few weeks now and last night I tackled it. Armed with gloves and sheers I tackled trimming the thorny rose bushes along the South side of our garage. They are the type that really only bloom once in a season and the blooming is over for this year. They are lovely when the flowers appear and then they are nothing but a green bush. They tend to also produce thick, sharp thorns.

I started in on bush trimming last night and was very careful to avoid the thorns. But no matter how hard I tried to avoid them I still got poked about two dozen times and a few of the spear attacks produced blood. Now these small wounds are nothing really to speak of. They hurt at the moment when that needle punctured my skin and this morning I have one thumb that is reminding me that it had been invaded by a foreign, sharp object.

My point for the day is this. You can't work in the thorns without suffering some consequences. Life is the same way. If you choose the wrong path in life even for a short time you might or actually you will, suffer some consequences. The consequences might not be long lasting, but they are there to remind us that this path is best to be left unchosen. 

I will share an example. Spending money on wants, instead of needs can sting a little when the bill comes due and instead of being able to pay it off immediately you make a minimum payment which now adds interest to you purchase. You had no idea that the car would break down, but it did and now the other expenditure stings like a thorn.  I wouldn't want to trim more rose bushes today. I know one thumb that doesn't need anymore needles. 

You might have good intentions with the life path you choose at the moment. But you cannot walk among the thorns without knowing you are there. It will eventually sting. 

So be wise in your choices and avoid the thorns of life by doing so. Guard your actions in prayer. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment