Friday, August 19, 2022

Strength Needed For The Moment 8/19/2022

 Good Morning,

Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee was poured into my mug this morning and I for one felt like I just drank my dessert! 

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I spent some of the day dehydrating fruit for the winter. I however ventured out for a vaccine that was due and I went in search of some items that my wife said were needed for the weekend. 

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 

My search was pretty much useless and I could not find what she needed. I also had promised our neighbor that since I was going out I would look for a certain candy that her husband likes and I would purchase it and bring it to them. Again I struck out and the candy couldn't be found. 

As I was leaving my last shot at being able to come home somewhat victorious, I saw a young mother and her two little kids standing by their automobile looking forlorn. I decided to walk over and ask if there was anything wrong and if there was could I help. Then I saw the flat tire and some tears in Mom's eyes. She was supposed to pick up her husband at the airport and she just stopped for a few minutes of shopping. I asked her if she had a spare tire and they answer was positive yet her look was negative. She explained that she had been trying to loosen the spare from it's mounting and could not get it loose. The car jack was also behind the spare tire. I tried the big wing nut myself and it would not budge. This was even after I prayed for this to go smoothly. No blessing of super human strength came through. But, one of my purchases was a can of penetrating oil. I took the spray and squirted some on the wing nut and waited. Then I recalled that I hadn't removed some tools from the truck that I was using the night before at a friends house. I had  a hammer and after some good taps on one side of the wing nut, it started to loosen up and we were in business. My new young friend asked me if she could use the can of penetrating oil and she began to spray the lug nuts on the wheel we would be changing. 

Soon we had the tire loose and the car jacked up and we had the spare on in a few minutes. The young lady was full of thanks and actually was still on time for the airport. But here is what she said. "I was praying for someone to stop and ask if they could help. Although that wing nut was on so very tight and rusted a little, I believe God answered my prayer when you swung the hammer. You had some tools and knew how to use them. But I believe God delivered those precise whacks." I agreed with her and told her if it weren't for the candy I couldn't find, I would not have been in that parking lot. 

God delivered and right on time. 

Marty 

2 comments: