Wednesday, August 24, 2022

If You Forget Me 8/24/2022

 Good Morning,

I have a lot of driving to do today and I have started out early to make my rounds and then get home. For the road I filled a Thermos Bottle with Door County In Keepers Blend Coffee and now it is time to write. 


I had someone leave a business card in my Bible back in July of 1981. I enjoyed using it as a bookmark  for many years. It had a picture of Jesus on the front. It was a simple sketch of his face. On the front it said this. "If you meet me and you forget me, you have lost nothing. If you meet Jesus and forget Him, you have lost everything". On the back was the Bible verse John 3:16

Psalm 9:17 the wicked shall return to Sheol, all those who forget God 

I never did find out who left that in my Bible but it sure rings true to this day. It wasn't the greatest of business cards for sure and to the best of my knowledge the author of the quote is still unknown. 

Some day I won't be on this earth and for awhile I will be remembered and then someday forgotten. I will however say this. If I did anything to lead you closer to Jesus, then I left His mark in your life and you will never forget Him. Only a faith in Christ can remain  forever. Put that thought in the right perspective and know this. You are a close to God as you choose to be. Don't wander so distant, that you forget Him. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment