Saturday, August 27, 2022

Beware At All Times 8/27/2022

 Good Morning,

I just can't imagine this morning without a cup of Door County Cream Brulee Coffee to drink and enjoy while I study today. 

1Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; Be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 



We have by our own free will made a decision to purchase a wheel chair for my mother in law. Although she is doing much better since her fall a few months ago and I thank everyone for the prayers said for her, she needs a little assistance when attending events that require a lot of walking. The family goal is to get her to the county fair that she loves and participated in by entering her home goods and crocheting items for many years. In her greatest days she always had over 100  entries for judging. At 95 years old and after suffering a set back this year, she is down to five entries. We helped to gather them up yesterday and prepare them to be entered into the competitions. They are beautifully done and as we looked at them we saw not one flaw at all. So to enable us to take her to more venues that she would enjoy it was apparent that we would need a sturdy yet light weight wheel chair. 

Someone who knows their oats about wheel chairs recommended a certain brand. The only place that had this type was for me to purchase it online through the internet. They did not have a local distributor close enough for me to just pick one up. So I ordered through a mega distributor which if at all possible I don't do. Within 24 hours of making the purchase I started receiving scam calls telling me who the caller said was the "mega distributor" and that someone had purchased electronics on our charge card. The purchase was made according to them on the same day I placed an order for the wheel chair.  They were asking me for my credit card information, which if this were a legit call they would already have.  It was easy to know that I was being preyed on so the caller could ring up some more charges and well let's call it what it is "steal" from me. I asked them politely to drop the call  and stop calling. I did look at my drivers license and my birthdate to confirm that I had not been born yesterday. Now mind you. I was very polite. But the response I received when I asked them to drop the call was almost funny. They became very angry, calling me names and hurling insults like there was no tomorrow. I guess by calling them out I hurt their feelings or they are frustrated with being turned down. 

One thing I walked away with in the "learning department of life" is that we need to be very watchful over those we love. My mother in law fell for a phone scam a few years ago and lost a large sum of money. She probably would have been taken advantage of on this one also. I did verify that no other charges were made on our account just to be safe. Examine everything and beware of false claims to be helpful. 

Food for thought. 

Marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment