Friday, October 1, 2021

Wake Me Up When It's Over 10/1/2021

 Good Morning,

My next few days will not have any Door County Coffee for me to drink in the morning. I wasn't sure if I would be able to brew coffee in the hotels we are staying in while we duck hunt for a few days. I should have brought some along.

There are times in life when stress is laid upon a family. I can think of some times that have hit our family that were stressful to say the least. Lack of finances for one stressed us to the limit at times. Health issues had their turn at us. Building a home and issue after issue at one time stole the joy away from building the house. A teenage driver and a couple of car accidents were trying on the patience. Loss of employment wasn't a thrill either. Parents becoming ill and then passing away wore us thin. Identity theft wasn't any fun either. 

James 4:17 So whoever knows the right thing to do, and fails to do it, for him it is sin. 

This is an abbreviated list of what my wife and I have been through over the years.  The list could be a lot longer. Here is what we didn't do when these irritations attacked. We never retreated from the issues. If it took working two or three jobs to pay the bills, we did it. We did  more of the building management of our house even though we were paying a contractor to oversee the construction. We met the health issues head on and we took care of each other. We were there for others as we buried parents. We met the challenges of selling off property and settling estates. 

There were times when we just wanted to crawl into bed, hide and hope that all these problems would go away. We never adopted the idea of "wake me up when it is over". Of course we prayed through everything and God saw us through. But He also expected me to put on my big boy pants and my wife her big girl pants and get to work. Excuses for lack of performance on our part were not tolerated. 

I hear some pretty lame excuses these day as I hear "I know, I will," but it never happens because the sun is shining, or the sun isn't shining. A million excuses can be concocted to prevent action toward a positive outcome. Knowing what needs to be done and not doing it is a sin, 

So today if this is you or someone you know, be ready for a boot in the backside if God decides to correct your laziness. Sometimes making progress hurts, But if I were to add anything to that I would say that there are times when--- you have to "suck it up buttercup"

Have a great day. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment