Saturday, October 30, 2021

The Prayer Of A Hypocrite

 Good Morning,

I started this day in prayer and in need. I needed a large cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee to kick in and warm me up. Our two dogs are looking kind of lazy this morning and they aren't moving around much. It's time to write. 


Mark 11:25 And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father In heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.

Proverbs 6:2 You are snared by the the words of your mouth. You are taken by the words of your mouth. 

I know of many people who are considered to be "Prayer Warriors". You can call on them 24 hours a day and they will begin praying and beseeching heaven on your behalf. I have never had anyone of them say, "call me back later, I am in no position to pray. I am not right with a person or two and I need to get right with them before I pray for you." This could mean seeking forgiveness as well as bestowing forgiveness. To pray for someone else when there is sin in your own camp makes the prayer of a hypocrite and you own it. 

I say this because, if your life reflects a life of sin behind the scenes, your prayer is not one of a righteous person.  

James 5:16 Confess your your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another. The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 

I will be leading a prayer meeting tonight after our Saturday church service. I would rather be alone and having people getting right with others or with God, than having a full room of those who's prayers are just a lot of words. I would rather have someone say, I cannot be here tonight. I need to go and get right with a family member, friend, or coworker. This message goes for me as well.

Food for thought on a Saturday!

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment