Sunday, October 24, 2021

Better Late Than Never 10/24/2021

 Good Morning,

Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee did it's job today, by keeping me awake and warm. 

My early morning found me on the river and in a duck blind with my two dogs and two hunting partners. It was my first real blast of colder air and I appreciated a hot cup of Coffee. It was a little too early for me to compose a blog at 3:AM. 

So this one is late, but better late the never. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.

Truly there is a time for everything. But there comes a time when time itself runs out. Sometimes folks count on tomorrow and there isn't a tomorrow for them to count on. I invite a lot of people to church and more than that I ask them to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. More often than not I hear, "yes I will be there" whether it is for Bible study, a church service, or a special event, but they never show up.

Sometimes I hear this. "I will come to church as soon as I get my life in order." That doesn't happen either. They don't realize that without the Lord, you don't get your life in order. 

But yet, turning to the Lord later is fine, but you can't do it after you die. It's too late. The season to receive Jesus is now before time is no more for you.

Revelation 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. 

Isaiah 55:6 So you should  look for the Lord, before it's too late. You should call to Him while He is near.

Just my thought for the day.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment