Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Chili And Hayride 10/13/2021

 Good Morning,

It is time to write and hit the road. I will be grabbing a cup of Door County Perfectly Pistachio Coffee and running to the Jeep this morning.

Proverbs 18:24 A man who has friends, must himself be friendly.

I am looking forward to Friday, when our Men's Ministry Group from our church will be sponsoring a chili feed and and a hayride. It looks like it will be well attended. It has been a long time since we have done this, and in my mind it is overdue. 

What's so special about it? For one, I like chili and I like apple cider. Both will be served and I believe it will be much needed as the weather turns a little colder for Friday. We will have a bonfire and I like a good hot fire, with people gathered around the fire. Our Senior Pastor will give us a few words of inspiration and we might sing a couple songs. I like both of those ideas.

What's my point for today. 82 people plan on attending. They chose to spend their Friday night with a large group. I don't know everyone and I plan on meeting a few new people. I plan on eating some chili. But in order to do that I had to agree to attend. I said yes to meeting new people and enjoying time with many that I already know. You are as lonely as you choose to be. If you are turning down invitations to do things with others, and enjoy some wholesome company, let go and get going.

Why be bored? Make new friends and enjoy the old ones. Take home some heartburn! But have a good time doing so. Life is too short, not to gather around the bonfire.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment