Monday, October 4, 2021

The Wrong Spot At The Wrong Time Or Was it? 10/4/2021

 Good Morning,

Still missing a hot cup of Door County Coffee. A couple more days and I will be home. It's early and it is time to write.

Psalm 104: 24-25 How many are your works Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.

I have been with a group of friends in North Dakota duck hunting. I have had no success so far but somehow I am content being with the guys and having the potential to shoot some ducks. Yesterday morning, we were in a spot and to give a rough estimate I would say we saw over 600 ducks come in at just before dawn. The flocks sounded like jets as the blew through. If you duck hunt you know what I am speaking of. Yet none of the ducks came close to us except for two and my buddy bagged them.


The ducks went to the other side of the large pond that we were hunting. One could say we were in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Or as I look at it, I was in the right spot at the right time. What I saw with all those ducks zooming in, calling out to one another was a thing that takes the breath away of an avid duck hunter. It was a thing of beauty. I love the Lord, and I have to say that He painted a beautiful scene for us to see. 

I don't know when I will hear and see a scene like that again. I felt blessed. I might not be eating duck, but as I eat a cheese burger I will have a memory to ponder.

God bless,

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Marty,
    As l read your description of the sight and the sound, my heart beat a little faster.

    ReplyDelete