Thursday, October 21, 2021

Some Crab Is Good. Others? With A recipe10/21/2021

 Good Morning,

What a lightning show we had last night. And the storm produced some rain which is much needed. I believe I will enjoy my cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee, just a little longer this morning. 

I am not a big lover of  seafood. There are only a few dishes that I actually like. I actually like to eat a little crab now and then, especially if it is made in a crab cake form. So you could say, I actually like a little crab. 

Proverbs 29:11 A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back. 

But when it comes to people, a person who is crabby more than 50% of the time will wear on me like a wet shirt when it is below zero. You wouldn't wear a wet shirt very long in a polar vortex. I can tolerate a little crabbiness and ignore it for awhile. But once it becomes a constant trait, meeting with that person becomes a chore. After five minutes of snapping, bickering, or just plain being crabby I will be late for the door. 

So I ask all of us today. Did you wake up crabby? Does everyone have to tolerate your bad mood? I can put up with a little crab, but I don't want a full hour or day of it from anyone. 

Friends, some of you owe it to yourselves and your families to drop the crabbiness and learn to be pleasant, despite circumstances. 

I have attached my favorite recipe for crab cakes below.  Have A Great Day. 

Marty


Thanks to Taste Of Home. 

Taste Of Home Crab cakes

Ingredients

  • 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab.
  2. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Gently coat in bread crumbs and shape into 1/2-in.-thick patties.
  3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment