Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Headed Home. 10/5/2021

 Good Morning,

No Door County Coffee for me again today. Last day in the coffee drought for me. As I write I am surrounded by sleeping Labradors and it is time to get going.

Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.

The hunt is over and it wasn't spectacular to say the least. However it does humble you and make you appreciate the hunts that were spectacular. I am happy to say we are headed home and are only about 7 hours away. I look forward to seeing my wife and getting a ruckus of a greeting from our two dogs when I hit the garage. 

The guns will need a cleaning and a pile of dirty laundry is going to get washed. But I will be home and will get ready to go back to work as soon as possible. But I will be looking forward to the next outing and all the planning that goes with it. There is just something about planning a trip, especially a hunting or fishing trip and then there is the memories of the trip that will be shared verbally for years. The middle of the trip just fills in the space between the planning and the end. 

But being able to come home to a clean bed, a home cooked meal and all the love of my family makes me want to get there sooner. 

Ladies and gentlemen there is no place like home. Especially a home built by God and love.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment