Monday, October 11, 2021

Running Against The Wind 10/11/2021

 Good Morning,

Monday arrived just as I thought it would and I am ready to tackle it with gusto. My mug is filled with Door County Morning Blend Coffee and now it is time to write. 

I have never been much of a runner, and as I get older 50 yards seems like a mile to me. I do know this. Running into and against the wind does add resistance to the effort it takes to run. That is just elementary physics at it's best, speed and resistance. 

At times in life we might feel like we are constantly running against the wind. Things are just difficult day after day. When things like that bog me down and really get to me, I have to look inward and figure out why I am running against the winds.

I usually figure it out and it all comes down to me and my strong will to want to move ahead faster. I want to control the situation. It's not something I should be involved in anyway. Or it's just not meant to be and I keep pursuing it. And there is nothing I can do and I won't admit it.

Where I fail is an epic example of how one person can twist his own life until his brain and heart curdles.

Instead, I need to slow down, Breathe, pray and wait on God to show the way, or provide the solution. If I am smart enough, I will accept God's answer and lessen the resistance on my life. God promises to lift us up, if we wait on Him. 

Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they will walk and not faint.

I am sharing this hoping it benefits some of you. Feel free to pass it on to someone who just needs less wind resistance. 

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment