Sunday, October 31, 2021

Trick Or Treat 10/31/2021

 Good Morning. 

I will be leaving very soon for my spot in a field to hunt geese. An insulated bottle of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee will be traveling with me for sure. 


Credit CNBC.COM for the photo

Matthew 7:12 So whatever you wish others to do unto you, do also for them. 

Today in the United States, in most towns we will be holding the annual Trick or Treat event. I am looking forward to seeing this year's array of costumes that will be walking up our driveway. I am the one who usually hands out the candy to the kids who come to knock on the door and say Trick or Treat in hopes of receiving some candy. We always participate in this event, in hopes that the kids can experience the same things we did as children. 

I will have some tissues for the snotty noses that show up and I will greet the kids at the bottom of the driveway so they don't have to walk so far. I am not telling or even asking anyone to hand out candy if you aren't led to do so. I also know that the streets are not as safe as they used to be. So I am asking everyone to be vigilant and to be on the lookout for problems or danger. That doesn't take too much effort. I am also asking this, if you believe in prayer, pray for the safety of all the children, so they all return home safely after seeking out a mountain of candy. 

Let's make them feel important today. Try to recall what it was like to be a little imp and approach an adult and knock on their door and beg for a treat. Be kind and turn the lights on for these kiddos.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment