Thursday, October 14, 2021

Stop! Thief 10/14/2021

 Good Morning,

Thursday arrived, and if I look over the top of my glasses I can see Friday coming in like a runaway train. Here's to you Thursday! I just poured a big mug of Door County Perfectly Pistachio Coffee and as soon as I am done writing I am headed out to the Jeep for a good day of work.

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life and they may have it more abundantly.

As I look at these words from our Lord and I think about the abundant life I can envision a teenager shaking his head and saying "God has too many rules". I can understand that type of thinking. Jesus came that we might have eternal life someday if we place our faith in Him. But yet as we are here on earth we look for the abundant life filled with things, trips, riches, spouses or plenty of dates. If we do not experience these things we think we have been cheated. "Short Changed". 

Yet living a Christ filled life and following the rules leads us away from alcoholism, divorce, drug addictions, over spending, and needless debt. This list could be a mile long.  One of the other benefits of a Christ filled life is that we always have someone to go to when life takes a turn for the worse, like the loss of a loved one. The Thief on the other hand desires to steal your life away, to perish in doom and gloom and ensnare us in a life of self induced misery. 

So rules are rules, and God might seem boring to some. But doesn't the abundant life of having a clean conscience sound much better? No looking over your shoulder, no need to steal to support a drug habit. 

When we walk with God, we walk in freedom from the Thief.

Have a great day. Live with abundant gusto!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment