Friday, October 8, 2021

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow 10/8/2021

 Good Morning,

The morning is filled with fog not only outside but my mind is fogged up with prayer requests and concerns for friends of mine. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee and now I will write. 

I was discussing politics, yesterday with a man and you could say that we had very specific differences in our beliefs on the subject.  The one thing we agreed upon was that the way people conduct themselves in the political arena, not only elected officials but the plain old folks like him and me is alarming. We agreed that behaviors have become sickening and respect for one another has been lost. 

We switched subjects and moved on to churches. He made the statement, "even churches have changed". I asked what he meant by that comment and he went on to explain. "Churches are so different from when I was a young boy. There seems to be a lack of reverence and people seem to crave more gimmicks and it is more like a show with manufactured worship. I don't care for it and I am not seeing the churches as I once saw them. I have lost some respect for what they supposedly stand for." Once again we did find some common ground in our thoughts on churches. 

I decided that we had discussed things and found common ground on a few thoughts. I did not like ending our time with all that negativity. I took the opportunity to remind Him that one thing does not change and will not change. 

Hebrews 13:6-8 6. So we may boldly say; The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me? 7. Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. 8. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. 

Again, although we disagreed on many political fronts, we conducted ourselves with dignity and respect for each other. We found that we agreed on many things. But most of all we agreed that Jesus does not change and that His love for us will last forever. 

Just that thought alone was like a cold glass of sweet peach tea on a hot day. It was refreshing to have a least one thing that you can count on and won't be distorted by man.

I hope these thoughts help to refresh you today.

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment