Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Grandma Is Hurting 10/26/21

 Good Morning,

I woke up early today to a cup of Door County 100% Colombian and a prayer.  

Yesterday my wife called me while I was working which is very unlike her to do. I could tell from her voice that something was wrong. She started by telling me that her sister was called by a medical examiner and the examiner told her that someone had found their brother dead in his apartment. It seemed like natural causes and he had passed away a few days ago. 

Proverbs 27;1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day will bring. 

The main question I asked was "does your mother know yet". No one had told her and it was decided that it needed to be done in person. My wife jumped in the car and headed to her hometown an hour away. She was met there by her other brother and they went in to break the news to their 94 year old mother. Later they decided to bring mother in to stay with us for a few days. I happened to look into the kitchen later, after they arrived home,, and my mother in law was holding onto the countertop and she was sobbing. It was hard to watch. I went downstairs and sat with her and held her hand. She said, "I always said I never wanted to bury my children before I die". I believe we could all say that. 

My point is this. The last time we saw their brother and son, was in September. Mother talked to him every weekend. She last saw him in September. Whenever you have the chance to speak with a sibling or visit them, do so. No one saw this coming. Never take the next time for granted. 

God bless,

Marty

4 comments:

  1. Our prayers and condolences go to you and Rene and her family, especially "mom".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for that mother. So sorry for that loss. God blesses those who are mourning.

    ReplyDelete