Monday, November 30, 2020

Looking For Answers 11/30/2020

 Good Morning, 

There is a hot cup of Door County Irish Crème Coffee waiting for me in the kitchen. After a time of prayer, it is now time to write. 

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God. 

Yesterday I received a call from a young man asking for prayer and some advice. The prayer was an automatic yes answer and I was happy to do it. At the same time he let me know that he was struggling with a decision and explained to me what it was. I had already begun silently praying for wisdom as to what to tell him. The answer seemed pretty straight forward to me, but during our conversation I was led by God to be quiet and instruct this fine young man to pray and ask God for himself for directions on what to do. 

Psalm 71:18 So even to old age and gray hairs, O God do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come. 

The young man did as I requested and later said that God directed him to read Ecclesiastes and there he found the answer that gave him some peace. We conversed later and we talked it through and the decision was clear, yet it was going to be hard to deliver what he had to do. I had no doubt that he would carry through and follow instructions.

Friends, we must always be willing to let someone younger consult with us. But in our desire to help we at times forget to teach. We love to solve problems for others. But it was better to turn him to God for the answer and teach him that for the future. 

So my thought is this. When asked for an opinion or an answer, pray before you speak and see if God wants you to answer or turn the requestor over to Him so faith and trust in God can be built. Teach instead of preach. 

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment