Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thankful For The One Who Died For Me 11/26/2020

 Good Morning,

This day began with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Morning Sunrise Coffee. The blend is a little stronger than my usual morning liquids, but it is just what I need.

I have been during my life to be able to meet a few celebrities. The few I have been able to meet and greet have mostly been sports figures. But my life mixed in a couple movie stars and a few television actors. And when I say meet I mean I was able to say hello, get an autograph or at least have them say hello back. It's not like I sat down and had a cup of coffee with any of them. Although one NFL player ate my box of popcorn and then bought another one for me. So you could say that  my experiences with stars were brief to say the least.

I do have a small list of some I would like to meet in this lifetime. On July 7th 1981 I made the decision to receive Jesus Christ as My Lord and My Savior. I have never regretted that choice and by faith I know that when I die I will be in heaven. 

Romans 10:9 Because if you confess with your mouth, that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him up from the grave, you shall be saved.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

I wonder what those first moments will be like. There are family members there that I want to see again. I have a question or two for Moses and Peter. But most of all I want someone to take me to meet the One who died for me. I want to say thank you in person for the gifts of forgiveness and eternal life in Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrated His own love  for us, in this. That while we were yet sinners Christ Jesus died for us.

I want to see Jesus and I will. So on this Thanksgiving day I definitely have something to be thankful for.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment