Friday, November 13, 2020

Just A Little Smile Please (With A Recipe) 11/13/2020

 Good Morning,

The heat is on and I am grateful for a warm house on this cold damp day in Wisconsin. The cup sitting next to me was filled with very hot Door County Chocolate Raspberry Coffee. And now it is time to write.

One thing I truly miss during this pandemic are smiles that people greet one another with. The wearing of masks  has put a damper on being able to see those beautiful smiles that adorn peoples face as they see loved ones or friends. Where we live it is very customary for people to greet one another ( even strangers) with a smile. I can tell when my wife is smiling under her mask by looking into her eyes. But I can't see the grin that has been there for so many years. Fortunately we live together and I can see the smile unmasked. Yes we can zoom into a meeting and maybe see a smile or two but the in person smile is the best. 

Today I thought I would share some Scripture Verses on reasons to smile and a verse or two on smiling. A smile is one thing we can enjoy at no cost to us or others.

Psalm 144:15 Happy are the people whose God is the Lord. 

Proverbs 10:28 The hope of the righteous will be gladness, but the expectation of the wicked will perish.

Ecclesiastes 9:7 "Go and eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart: for God has already accepted your works."

Romans 15:13 "Now may the God of hope fill you, with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 34:5 Those who look to Him are radiant, and their faces will never be ashamed. 

Job 9:27 If I say "I will forget my complaint, I will put off my sad face and be of good cheer. 

So my friends please give the gift of a smile when you can, you might just receive that same gift in return. As I promised I have attached a recipe below that I intend to use tomorrow. We have a lot of cook books in our kitchen library. Taste Of Home seems to be the majority of them. This recipe  credit is from Taste Of Home

God bless, 

Marty

Taste Of Home. Biscuits and Gravy

Ingredients

  • 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
  • 1 pound bulk pork sausage
  • 1 cup chopped sweet onion
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 envelope country gravy mix
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • Dash each biscuit with garlic 
  • powder, 
  • Italian seasoning, onion powder 
  • and 
  • pepper
  • 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
  • 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken 
  • broth.

Directions

  • Bake biscuits according to package directions.
  • Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add butter; cook until melted. Stir in the gravy mix, flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with biscuits.


No comments:

Post a Comment