Sunday, November 22, 2020

God And The Firewood. 11/22/2020

 Good Morning,

This day began with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. Our dogs are busy chewing a rawhide treat and not it is time to write. 


On Friday night I received a call from my brother and he told me about an opportunity for me to get a pick up truck full of free firewood. It sounded too good to be true. This was an answer to prayer. My sources for wood just weren't as plentiful as they have been in the past. He explained to me that his workplace had to remove a bunch of trees and that the wood was dry. All I needed to do was to show up, load my truck and then go home and cut it into the proper length. Once that was done it could be split. 

Well it went exactly they way he said it would go. Most of the logs were too big to lift into the truck by myself. My brother and I picked out some that were just perfect in size for two guys to lift and we filled the truck. I went home, sharpened the saw, and had it. It now is all cut and a third of it was split yesterday afternoon. During the process my mind wandered to days of old when I would cut and split firewood with my dad and brother. I had a good afternoon of memories. 

Luke 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God.

I had been praying about firewood believe it or not. Rene and I have enough to get through the cold season. And I will start on next year's wood in January. But I wanted to have some to give  to our neighbors who do so much for us. I had decided to just take some off of our stacks of wood and  share that. I had been praying for dry wood for about two weeks and I haven't been feeling very good either. Once the wood was home I prayed to be able to have at it. I felt good and was able to deliver what I had cut before I began to feel rough again. God knew my limit and shut me down. The rst will be cut and split as I feel good enough to do it. 

I wasn't worried about sharing firewood but I placed it in God's hands. My plan was not His plan. He blessed us with some really nice dry hardwood for them to burn. It just amazes me that with all that is going on in the world God took the time to answer the prayer of a simple man. Today and yesterday as I thanked Him for the the gift of wood, He recalled to my mind a verse that just touched my heart.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 

Pray my friends, big and small. His plan was better than mine,'

Marty








2 comments:

  1. Amen! That was our text this morning. God is so faithful!

    ReplyDelete