Sunday, November 15, 2020

Because You Can. Show Someone You Care 11/15/2020

 Good Morning,

My day began with prayer today for those of my circle who have serious ailments. The cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee next to me is keeping me warm this morning. It is time to write.


Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever you sow, you shall also reap. 

When I looked at my prayer list today it almost had me in tears. I have friends that are in a battle with Covid 19, ALS. Cancer, loss of sight, and brain shunt issues. It is a long list. Some of the folks on that list live near me and some live far away. It is easy to do things for those who live close by. For those far away I try to stay in contact with and send encouragement through emails or social media. 

I am seeing that this covid thing has many people depressed. It will end some day my friends. But what we need to do is to keep our eyes and our hearts open to those God places in our physical paths and our social paths. If we can make a difference for someone with a kind word or deed now is the time. Rene and I broke out the soup pot and have distributed some soup to help brighten the day of  a couple. That special pot sits on a shelf in our kitchen. I looked at it yesterday and just knew what had to be done.

At anytime the table could turn and it could be you in need of encouragement. Be an encourager, just because you can. When you do, you show that you care. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you who needs prayer or help. Send a note via mail, email, or social media. If I see anything good coming from this confining circumstance we are in, is that people have a little more time to be kind. There seems to be a few more please and thank you's floating around now. When your heart starts adding some extra beats for others it beats stronger. Be thankful to God that you can help others. Be happy you are not in need of help yourself. Approach the throne of God in prayer with an attitude of gratitude.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment