Saturday, November 7, 2020

A Constant In The Home. 11/7/2020

 Good Morning,

The sunrise was spectacular again this morning. I am blessed to have been able to see it. I just poured a hot cup of Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee and now it is time to write. 

Proverbs 3:5-6   5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding; 6. in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight. 

The other day my best buddy and I were talking and it was very apparent that he had a severe case of "different opinions" with other people. I listened to him and actually it was easy to see that he was angry. It wasn't too long into the conversation that I found myself agreeing to the point that only a tongue thrashing or even a punch in the nose was in order for these two guys.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp my feet and a light to my path. 

I was able to talk us both down and we prayed about it. But the prayer was as I would call it, fake. We weren't very sincere and wanted our own way. Later when I arrived home with a knot in my gut I knew exactly why it was there. I needed to seek out God in His Word and give my buddy the correct plan. After praying for wisdom and not for fleas to infest their armpits, God honored my humble and sincere prayer by leading me to the correct way to sort things out in Matthew 18. 


Now I shared this plan with him and at first he resisted a little. I stood firm and said that it was God's Word and that was the only way we could move forward. Until we admit it and move forward properly in love, the rest of our prayer time for other things will just be a waste of time and we would be in sin. Boy O boy did we agree on that. We saw the error in our ways. 

Friends, in these times of uncertainty and strife the Word of God has to be a constant in the home. It should be there through thick and thin anyway. It should be the one thing that the family can count on being shared daily and gone to for the answers to issues. It's always been that way before and my train just slipped off of the tracks for a moment. 

I got a little too big for my britches and gave way to my knowledge, instead of seeking God's knowledge. We tend to make God small and enlarge ourselves in our own minds. This is a form of idolatry. Harsh words for a Saturday morning, but the facts are the facts. 

So, now we are on the right track and I plan on staying there. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment