Saturday, November 21, 2020

Lesson From Proverbs 2 The Benefit Of Wisdom 11/21/2020

 Good Morning,

My den is very quiet as I pray and prepare to write. Our two dogs are asleep and my Door County Caramel Apple Coffee is heated to the maximum. It is time to write.

Yesterday I wrote about wisdom given by God is to be considered more valuable than silver or gold. It directs us to fear God, discernment, and discretion. Today I would like to point out another benefit wisdom provides. 



There is a protection that walking with God brings as God keeps us from falling for evil and from the destructive forces that accompany it. 

Proverbs 2:11-12   11. Discretion will guard you, Understanding will watch over you, 12. To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things. '

This doesn't mean that the righteous won't have trials in this life. ( John 16:33) but it does mean that God will only allow into our lives what He will cause to work for our good. (Romans 8:28). This is done to grow a legacy of His goodness and mercy and that it can be seen. (Psalm 23:6) He does not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear. 1 Corinthians 10:13.

I went back and recalled all the times I fell for evil by giving into temptation. Not one time did I not have a way of escape and should not have put myself into those situations. Wisdom always told me to avoid it and gave me a way out. But I desired what I was advised not to do. I suffered the consequences. 

I think all believers would share that same testimony with me. To leave the road of wisdom is to leave the highway and travel a bumpy dark path of destruction.

So today my friends I recommend that all of you read the entire chapter of Proverbs 2 and look up the extra verses I added. 

Have a great day!!

Marty





No comments:

Post a Comment