Thursday, November 5, 2020

Ice Packs To Soothe The Body. Next The Soul 11/5/2020

 Good Morning,

What a beautiful night of sleep I received last night. It is a shame that the alarm clock had other ideas. I can smell the Door County Irish Creme Coffee brewing in the kitchen. It is time to write.

Our nephew tore up his shoulder at work a few weeks ago. Last Friday they repaired his shoulder and from one who has had shoulder repairs I can tell you I would rather have my two knees replaced again instead of having one shoulder repair. I can just feel the pain. So when he said it was hurting I could identify with him. I found that a way to control the pain was with ice. I stumbled on to some great ice packs when I had my shoulder surgery. I was blessed to be able to find some more and get them over to him. Hopefully they are helping like they did for me.

Now sometimes we need to not only soothe the pain we are in, but we also need to calm and soothe the soul. I found some Scripture passages that help me soothe my soul. It is like ice on a sore shoulder.

Job 6:10 This would be my comfort; I would even exult in pain unsparing, for I have not denied the words of the Holy One.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Jeremiah 17:14  Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise

So today uncle to nephew. Read these and soothe your soul.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment