Sunday, November 8, 2020

The Prison Walls Of My Mind 11/8/2020

 Good Morning,

The sun is coming up and it seems to be brighter than ever today. It is very rare that we see the warm days like we have been treated to lately. Very odd for November. 


I woke up this morning to some Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee brewing in the kitchen. My mind turned to prayer for some loved ones who are ill with the Corona Virus. I recall days when I would go to prayer and covid 19 wasn't on my mind at all. But it seems that now no matter what you are doing, sooner or later you are reminded that this pandemic is raging. You shop and people are wearing masks. You don't go to too many places and if you do venture out you wonder if it is safe. You begin to judge others for wearing masks or not wearing masks. My mind feels like it is in prison and I am being told what to think about. This is not healthy for the mind. I sought wisdom from the Good Book and the Holy Spirit quickly directed me to a passage to help free me from the prison walls of my mind. I was reminded that God has also planned things to keep our minds from being captured by doom, gloom, and despair. 

Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Friends, we have the formula for clearing the mind of covid thoughts. Yes we still need to wash our hands more and practice safety but it doesn't have to rule our minds.

I took God's advice and I went back in the archives of my mind while enjoying the sunrise and recalled a birthday celebration for my Dad a few years back. It was one great time, I will never forget. I enjoyed the memory so much that if it were possible I would do that weekend all over again. It brought a smile to my face and it lifted the burden of my mind. I broke down the prison walls of my mind.

Have a better day. Love you all.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment