Monday, January 6, 2020

The First Step To Wisdom 1/6/2020

Good Morning,

May The Fruits Of The Spirit be on your heart today, especially joy. There just doesn't seem to be enough joy in the world anymore.
I will pass on my usual cup of Door County Coffee as I fight off a flu bug. Going easy on the stomach the last few days. It is time for me to write.


I have an old Bible with the pages and covers well worn. My wife Rene says that the my Bible has seen better days. I argue that it's best days are yet to come. Within my old Bible are many notes, dates and things that are underlined or highlighted. Some of the noted passages  are special memories or passages where God or a pastor taught me something I want to remember.

As I was reading in my trusted Bible the other day I came across some notes in Proverbs. Our long time pastor preached a message on wisdom. It was a message I will never forget. As I was reading through my notes on the side of my Bible I decided to pass on to all of us the main point I derived from his sermon from many years ago.

We all can absorb a lot of wisdom into our brains now, especially since the internet can unload it in seconds. I haven't found anything that I have searched for that isn't covered. If I were to be able to have a mind that possessed all the knowledge that the internet can unload, I would still be lacking. The internet will not tell you this. They seem to leave out the most important thing and many people do not seek the first step in wisdom.

Proverbs 9: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One Is understanding. 

That first step is to Fear God. To fear and respect the One who made you and holds your next breath in His hands is understanding.  Many people have not grasped this step of faith and all the knowledge in the world will not be enough to add one more day to the life that God has planned out.

But to fear God and have Him show us how to use our knowledge for good and not evil is a wise choice. For when we lack wisdom and ask in faith for more, He will bless us with more so that it might be used for His Kingdom here on Earth. When we fear God and He is leading us, we really have nothing else to fear.  And we would only desire more knowledge to be able to perfom good things.

That sermon has done me well and has been passed on to others many times. Friends, slow down today and ask yourself, do I really fear the Lord? Review your actions for the last few days. They will be direct reflection of your fear and love for God. You will know by the actions or words from your mouth. Then we all wonder why our prayers are not answered.

That's enough for this  day,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment