Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Girl Scout Cookies 1/14/2020

Good Morning,

I woke up and I wasn't in hell. So that is surely more than I deserve. On top of that I was blessed to pour a large mug of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee for myself . Now it is time to write.


The annual Girl Scout Cookie campaign has begun. My wife Rene and I have already been petitioned by a couple of girls to purchase some cookies. I forgot to place one order correctly. Each year Rene orders extra and asks the girl scouts to give the extra cookies to a veteran. She was quick to remind me to correct my mistake. Eventually the girls will set up a table and sell their cookies from a spot near the entrance to stores. We will do the same thing there. We will purchase a box of cookies and ask the girls to give it to the next veteran they see or know.

This teaches the girls to appreciate our veterans. They see us smile when we leave them with the cookies, which for us is biblical. They can experience our happiness in being able to give.

2 Corinthians 9:7 So let each one of you give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver. 

So it is OK to purchase some cookies and treat yourself to a sweet delight. But consider sharing a box with a veteran and teach a young girl or two the thrill of being able to give a box away to someone who truly deserves our thanks.

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment