Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Be Still 1/15/2020

Good Morning,

The night went by quickly and now it is time to write. I am hoping that my mug of Door County White Christmas Coffee warms me up real fast and wakes up my brain.

I worked too late last night, well after the time I should have been in bed. I had a lot on my mind and I was planning my work day in my head when I should have been sleeping. I looked up Psalm 46:10 very late when I realized that I was working myself into a sleepless night,

Psalm 46:10    He says, Be still and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the Earth.

I thought to myself if I could only be still and not have my mind going a million miles an hour that sure would be nice. Being still these days is not all that easy to do. I think many of you will agree with me. This world is loud and moves very fast. Slowing down and being still is almost impossible. I gave in and said, " Lord help me to slow down". It was soon after that, when my eyes became heavy and I headed to bed. God literally told me to be still and then honored my request to help me. Nothing I was going to do last night with my head spinning will have one impact on today. Today is here and I will deal with any issues one at a time.

Friends, take some time today to just find a quiet place and be still. It feels so good to steal time back from the craziness of life. And know this. God knew just what you needed.  The key to a good day is to unlock the door on some rest the night before
Be still and praise Him.

God bless,

Marty


mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment